Call for Applications—Chairperson-elect AOTrauma Europe and Southern Africa (AO TESA) Board
13 January 2022
Fair and transparent elections are a fundamental element of AOTrauma’s governance. The following prestigious position is now open for applications:
Chairperson-elect AOTrauma Europe and Southern Africa (AO TESA) Board
We would like to encourage all AO Trauma Europe and Southern Africa members who fulfil the eligibility criteria listed in the job description to apply for this important position.
Nomination and electoral process
Each interested and qualified candidate must submit his/her curriculum vitae and a letter of intent by e-mail to AO Trauma Regional Manager Christoph Volz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: February 13, 2022, midnight, Swiss time (CET).
AO TESA Nomination Committee
Reto Babst, Peter Giannoudis, Nir Cohen
Chairperson-elect of AO Trauma Europe and Southern Africa (AO TESA) Board
Terms of office
The regular term of the AO TESA Board Chairperson will end on June 30, 2023. Based on the Terms of Reference of the AO TESA Regional Board, the terms of the new AO TESA Board Chairperson will be as follows:
- One (1) year as Chairperson-elect
- Three (3) years as Chairperson (single term, non-renewable)
- July 1, 2022 (start as Chairperson-elect)
- July 1, 2023* (start as Chairperson)
End date: June 30, 2026
* The change of office of the chairperson always takes place after the meeting of the Assembly of Trustees. The administrative cut-off is end of June.
Based on Terms of Reference of the AO TESA Regional Board, the following voting mechanism applies:
- Votes are allocated to the AO TESA Country Council chairpersons. Pre-voting consultation with the council and country chapter members is highly recommended.
- In case a country council chairperson runs for election him/herself, the voting right is passed to the country council education officer.
The electorate will be informed by e-mail. The votes will be cast anonymously on the AO Trauma online election tool.