Election of the AO Trauma International Board Chairperson
05 December 2018
The year 2019 is an important election year for AO Trauma International. In the interest of transparency, we would like to inform you about the upcoming election. The call for applications will be sent by e-mail on December 5, 2018 to all AO Trauma members.
The following prestigious chairperson position is now open for applications:
AO Trauma International Board (AOTIB) Chairperson (successor of Kodi Kojima as of July 2020)
We encourage all AO Trauma members who fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for this important position. As AOTIB Chairperson, you will be able to actively shape the future success of AO Trauma globally.
Eligibility for the AOTIB Chairperson
In order to be considered for nomination by the Nomination Committee (NomCom), candidates must be a paying AO Trauma member, and fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Be a current or past member of the AOTIB, or
- Be a current or past member of any AO Trauma Global Commission (Education, Research or Community Development), or
- Be a current or past member of any AO Trauma Regional Board (Asia Pacific, Europe and Southern Africa, Latin America, Middle East and Northern Africa or North America)
In addition, the candidates must also fulfill the requirements specified in the referenced job description. A same function can only be held once by the same person.
Electorate and voting mechanism
Based on the Terms of Reference of the AOTIB, the following mechanism applies to determine the recommendation from the AOTIB to be submitted for election to the AO Foundation Board (AOFB):
- Voting members of the AOTIB
- Voting members of the three AO Trauma Global Commissions (Education, Research, Community Development)
- Voting members of the five AO Trauma Regional Boards (Asia Pacific, Europe and Southern Africa, Latin America, Middle East and Northern Africa and North America)
- Each voting member has one (1) vote
- The electorate will be informed by e-mail. The votes will be cast anonymously on the AO Trauma website.
All interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV and a Letter of Intent by e-mail to the Executive Director of AO Trauma International, Tobias Hüttl (firstname.lastname@example.org), by January 13, 2019, midnight, Zurich time.