Election of the AOTrauma International Board Chairperson
05 December 2018
The year 2019 is an important election year for AOTrauma International. In the interest of transparency, we would like to inform you about the upcoming election. The call for applications will be sent by e-mail on December 5, 2018 to all AOTrauma members.
The following prestigious chairperson position is now open for applications:
AOTrauma International Board (AOTIB) Chairperson (successor of Kodi Kojima as of July 2020)
We encourage all AOTrauma members who fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for this important position. As AOTIB Chairperson, you will be able to actively shape the future success of AOTrauma globally.
Eligibility for the AOTIB Chairperson
In order to be considered for nomination by the Nomination Committee (NomCom), candidates must be a paying AOTrauma member, and fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Be a current or past member of the AOTIB, or
- Be a current or past member of any AOTrauma Global Commission (Education, Research or Community Development), or
- Be a current or past member of any AOTrauma Regional Board (Asia Pacific, Europe and Southern Africa, Latin America, Middle East and Northern Africa or North America)
In addition, the candidates must also fulfill the requirements specified in the referenced job description. A same function can only be held once by the same person.
Electorate and voting mechanism
Based on the Terms of Reference of the AOTIB, the following mechanism applies to determine the recommendation from the AOTIB to be submitted for election to the AO Foundation Board (AOFB):
- Voting members of the AOTIB
- Voting members of the three AOTrauma Global Commissions (Education, Research, Community Development)
- Voting members of the five AOTrauma Regional Boards (Asia Pacific, Europe and Southern Africa, Latin America, Middle East and Northern Africa and North America)
- Each voting member has one (1) vote
- The electorate will be informed by e-mail. The votes will be cast anonymously on the AOTrauma website.
All interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV and a Letter of Intent by e-mail to the Executive Director of AOTrauma International, Tobias Hüttl (firstname.lastname@example.org), by January 13, 2019, midnight, Zurich time.