Call for applications
AOTrauma Europe and Southern Africa (AOTESA) Stephan Perren fellowship initiative goes into the second round
19 December 2018
The Stephan Perren AOTrauma Research Traveling Fellowship is intended to give young and enthusiastic researchers with a specific interest in trauma care the possibility to visit the two following established research centers for two weeks each:
- AO Research Institute, Davos, Switzerland
- Julius Wolff Institute, Berlin, Germany
AOTrauma aims to identify young and interested AOTrauma members from Europe and Southern Africa who participate in AOTrauma-funded research projects.
Successful applicants will complete a two-week visit at the AO Research Institute Davos and a two-week visit at the Julius Wolff Institute in Berlin. The fellowship grant is endowed with CHF 4,000 as a lump sum to cover travel and lodging expenses for the four weeks. A final report of the fellowship must be sent to the Chairperson Research Committee AOTESA within one month after completing the fellowship.
Next call for application will open October 2019
Successful applicants are:
- Enthusiastic researchers under 45 years of age, who have specific interest in trauma care
- Orthopedic surgeons, trauma surgeons or surgeons in training
- AOTrauma members residing in one of the AOTrauma Europe and Southern Africa countries
Furthermore, they have:
- Attended an AOTrauma Basic and Advanced Principles course
- Initial experience with clinical and basic research activities; first authorship of a clinical or basic research article; or involvement in a project in the field of musculoskeletal trauma or diseases
To apply, please:
- Complete all required fields under the online submission link
- Provide a personal letter of application with argumentation of initiative and description of preferred professional career
- Provide a supporting letter of your sending institution confirming their support for your further research activities
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an AOTrauma country council member of your country and from the chief of department
How will the fellows be selected?
AOTESA research reviewing committee members will carefully review all applications and select the fellows based on the eligibility criteria. The candidates will be informed by the AOTESA office about the outcome by March 2019.
After completing this fellowship, qualified applicants have the possibility of becoming a long-term fellow in one of the institutes. The online application for Stephan Perren AOTrauma Research Traveling Fellowship is open until February 11, 2019.
The online application for Stephan Perren AOTrauma Research Traveling Fellowship is open until February 11, 2019.