Hand and wrist
Hand and wrist education taskforce
The hand and wrist education taskforce is a group of experts who build and continuously improve our educational program. It consists of three international program editors (IPEs).
Hand and wrist specialists early in their career
Generalists (orthopedics) spending about 20 percent of their time on trauma (including community surgeons)
Hand and wrist experts
- Perform pre-treatment assessment including physical examination, patient history including comorbidities
- Order and interpret imaging, classify skeletal and soft-tissue injury
- Decide on appropriate treatment based on skillset and available resources
- Apply the necessary soft-tissue repair techniques
- Correct any skeletal deformity and apply appropriate internal or external stabilization using the instruments and tools correctly
- Evaluate and address unexpected outcomes
- Develop and implement a rehabilitation and follow-up plan
What does competency-based curriculum development mean?